a remarkable feat of restoration
Welcome to Thotalagala, one of the first, and most beautiful 19th-century tea planters’ bungalows in Sri Lanka. Having recently been through a masterful restoration, the bungalow has been returned to its former glory, retaining in its every perfect detail, the lush grandeur of its colonial origins.
1. wildlife, biodiversity & natural habitat
2. water & energy
5. jobs & education
6. decent work
7. inclusivity & opportunities
8. community, heritage & culture
12. local sourcing
+host positive actions
1. wildlife, biodiversity & natural habitat;
2. water & energy;
5. jobs & education;
6. decent work;
7. inclusivity & opportunities;
8. community, heritage & culture.
12. local sourcing.
animal watching, cooking (food & drinks), culture, art, cycling, hiking/trekking, road trips, train trips